LiveWire Calgary (We) or our personnel may be exposed to your personal information in the form of name, email addresses, home address, personal website, social media profile, phone number or credit card information in your correspondence with us or through your input directly with the LiveWire Calgary site, livewirecalgary.com.
We only collect personal information to/for:
– Verify identity
– Open and manage a contributor or author account
– When the user makes a comment on a story for posted on the site (Cookies may be used to keep person’s name or login on the site).
– Conduct invited correspondence through the course of working as a recognizable media source
– Distribute products that the client has explicitly signed up for (ie: newsletters, campaigns, marketing or fundraising, etc – NEW: including through online providers such as MailChimp)
– Payment for products or services with the site (if online, typically through a third-party vendor)
– Meet any regulatory requirements
– Any other legal reasons that may result from your correspondence with LiveWire Calgary personnel or the site
We will not disclose or use your personal information except as described above without your personal consent. It will never knowingly be traded, sold, released, shared or distributed without notification and consent.
We will only hold your personal information as long as it’s needed for the purpose of conducting any of the above business, or if there is a legal or business purpose.
We do our best to ensure protection of your information online. There are passwords, firewalls, spam protection and other restricted access measures to provide layers of protection. For hard copies of personal information collected through the course of doing business, we will shred related documents when the information is no longer relevant.
In the event the information is stored electronically and the hardware is no longer being used for the originally intended purpose, it will be professionally deleted by an accredited agency.
While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, by using our site you agree there is no 100% effective method at preventing theft of personal information. We cannot make a 100% guarantee to the absolute security of your information.
Should there be a breach of personal information that we have collected in the course of doing regular business, we will immediately contact any affected parties and employ the services of a data protection professional to determine next steps.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
Third party providers may be used to perform site related services (such as payment services) on our behalf, or to assist us in analyzing the traffic entering our site. These companies may have access to your personal information only to perform the above-mentioned tasks and cannot disclose or use it for any additional purpose.