On Monday (Feb. 8), Step 1 in the relaxing of public health restrictions will go ahead.
What you need to know:
- Restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes can open for in-person service and there can be a maximum of six people per table from the same household, or two close contacts for a person living alone.
- Contact information will be collected for one member of the dining party
- Liquor service ends at 10 p.m. and in-person dining at 11 p.m.
- No entertainment items like pool tables, VLTs, live music.
- School related sports and performance activities are allowed.
- One-on-one training is allowed, with safety precautions in place. Must be by appointment, not drop-in.
- The City of Calgary will open some +15 walkways in the city to coincide with the opening of businesses. SEE MAP.
- Since Jan. 28, 20 face mask bylaw violations have been written up by the city. There have been nine Public Health Act violations in that time.
“Despite this small change, one thing remains the same: we all need to be cautious and make safe choices to limit the spread of COVID-19. It is vital that everyone involved diligently follows the health measures as we move forward. Together, we can continue to reduce the spread and keep protecting our health system.”
Dr. Deena Hinshaw, chief medical officer of health