Feel good about your information and become a local news champion today

More Calgary crimes can be reported online due to coronavirus

Calgary police have expanded their list of crimes that can now be reported online due so citizens can continue safe distancing practices.

The Calgary Police Service released an online report outlining a list of crimes that can be reported on their website.

  • Theft from vehicle (carprowling) – no limit on value of property
  • Theft of property – no limit on value of property
  • Theft of credit or debit card – when that is the only item missing
  • Mischief to vehicle – such as vandalism, unless there is evidence of a collision such as paint transfer
  • Mischief to property – such as vandalism
  • Lost property – with the exception of government-issued ID such as passports. Please call your local district office to report lost government issued documents. 
  • Attempted stolen vehicle – regardless of damage value
  • Break & enter into unlocked premise other than residential – this includes sheds, parking garages, storage lockers, detached garages, etc. Residential and commercial break and enters should be reported to 403-266-1234.
  • Theft from a parkade or vehicle parked in a parkade – only if no forced entry, otherwise call 403-266-1234.
  • Theft of mail – including deliveries from postal services such as UPS.
  • Stolen property for sale online – such as on Kijiji, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.

Some crimes still require a phone call to the Police non-emergency line, and may require an officer to be dispatched to the scene.

  • Robbery (Theft with violence)
  • House break and enters
  • Domestic disputes
  • Theft of a vehicle
  • Any type of fraud resulting in the loss of funds / personal information or property
  • Incidents that involve lost / stolen citizenship cards, permanent resident cards, immigration documents, government cheques, or cash from the government

In order to comply with current health and safety measures, all traffic collisions must be reported over the phone.

Tips on crime and drugs, as well as graffiti, can also be reported on the CPS website, or through the Crime Stoppers website, if the person wishes to remain anonymous

For emergencies or crimes in progress, individuals should always call 9-1-1.